Mandriva today is proud to release its brand new distribution: “Mandriva Linux 2007”
The key innovation of Mandriva Linux 2007 is the spectacular AIGLX and Xgl 3D-accelerated desktop. Mandriva is the only distribution to provide both technologies and is particularly happy to have achieved this major breakthrough in desktop appearance. In addition, a new theme named Ia Ora (“hello” in French Polynesian) has been introduced.
Mandriva developed Invictus Firewall – this feature is available in Powerpack+ 2007 – a high-availability redundant firewall cluster system. To match everyone’s needs, Mandriva Linux 2007 includes the latest innovations in the fields of office suite applications, Internet, multimedia and the new virtualization and 3D-accelerated desktop technologies. You can:
- Watch all your favorite movies legally on LinDVD;
- Play video games with TransGaming’s Cedega;
- Discover FlatOut, the famous car racing game;
- Enjoy 6 months of anti-virus protection with Kaspersky;
- Benefit from the powerful BitDefender;
- Run and manage any virtual machine with VMware Player, an integrated system virtualization solution.
Moreover, Mandriva Linux 2007 users can make unlimited voice calls for free with Skype, import, manage and play music with amaroK or Banshee, easily install, uninstall and update software with a new integrated version of the rpmdrake software management tool, and preserve files and folders with Arkeia Smart Backup. Mandriva Linux 2007 also include the most up-to-date versions of key open source products.
As usual, Mandriva Linux 2007 is available in three versions:
- Discovery (for the Linux beginner)
- Powerpack (for the advanced computer user)
- Powerpack+ (for SOHO users).
New Core and software versions:
- Kernel 2.6.17
- GCC 4.1
- Mozilla 126.96.36.199
- X.org 7.1
- Glibc 2.4
- OpenOffice 2.0.3
- KDE 3.5.4
- Gnome 2.16
- Xen 3.0
For further information about this Mandriva release please Read More …
Download : http://www.mandriva.com/en/download/free